Have you ever wanted to make a difference? Have you wondered, “Can the City benefit from my experience and knowledge?” Do you want to have a voice in the City’s growth and future? Do you want to be a part of the body that is responsible for making decisions regarding policy, service and education? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then it’s time to take that initial step forward and put your perspective, leadership and knowledge to task by serving on one of the many committees we have to offer.
The boards listed below currently have vacancies. The deadline for receiving applications for these openings is 5 p.m. Jan. 6, 2016. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 828-259-5601 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
- Asheville Downtown Commission
- Board of Adjustment
- Community Relations Council
- Sustainability Advisory Committee for Energy and the Environment (SACEE)
- Firemen’s Relief Fund
- Homeless Initiative Advisory Committee
- HUB Community Economic Development Alliance Board
- Metropolitan Sewerage District Board
- Riverfront Area Redevelopment Commission
- Tree Commission
For additional information, see the City’s posting: http://coablog.ashevillenc.gov/2015/12/get-involved-serve-on-a-city-board-or-commission-4/
Share this story to...