Participate in the 2017 West Asheville Holiday Decorating Contest.
Any business or organization located in West Asheville is welcome to participate.
How to Participate:
1. Register using the simple form below.
Deadline to Register: December 3, 2017
2. Decorate your window by December 3.
3. Wave to the judges as they make their rounds, sometime between December 4-17, even we don’t know exactly when.
4. Encourage your customers, friends, and family to participate in the online voting for Community Choice Award. Voting December 4-17. Link posted December 4.
5. Attend the Holiday Wrap Party on Sunday, December 17, 6-8pm, at Urban Orchard Cider Company, where we’ll give out prizes and celebrate!
Prizes Awarded at the Holiday Wrap Party, December 17, at Urban Orchard Cide Company in the following categories:
- Fanciest Decorations
2016 winner: Whist
- Best Use of Natural Materials
2016 winner: Flora
- Best Use of Recycled/Repurposed Materials
2016 winner: Union Hill Salon
- Most Traditional Feel
2016 winner: Saniway Vacuum Cleaner Company
- Craftiest Decorations
2016 winner: The Drygoods Shop
- Most Humorous (Silliest)
2016 winner: Sunny Point Café
- Best Display of Store Merchandise
2016 winner: Second Gear
- Most Creative
2016 winner: Jennythread
- Community Choice Award (determined by online votes)
2016 winner: Jennythreads
The winning location takes custody of the “W” trophy, custom made by metal artist Chukk Bruursema!
View last year’s winning windows – click here.
• Have fun with it.
Don’t stress over going all out or not having time to do some crazy animated display you saw online. Really, simple is just fine. The more participation along Haywood Road, the more festive it will look overall.
• Decorations should be visible from the sidewalk/street.
• Lighting, so your window can be viewed after hours, is recommended.
• Encourage your staff to come to the Wrap Party on Sunday, December 17, 6-8pm so we can celebrate together.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this story to...