- Small Terrain Hiring Staff
- Registration Open for Anything That Floats Parade
- Fee Changes for Solid Waste and Recycling
- What are Complete Streets and how can they benefit my community?
- Deconstruction Nearly Complete, New Belgium Brewing Adjusts Asheville Construction Timeline
- Next WABA Meeting
- Mountain Sports Festival: May 24-26
- River District Community Design Event: May 31
Category Archives: Meetings and Events
Please note, we do not have a meeting on the schedule at this time.
Upcoming meetings in the planning stages include one for the businesses located along the eastern end of Haywood Road to keep them apprised of details on the construction schedule for New Belgium Brewery and a summer social picnic in one of the area parks.
We will send notices out via our enews and social media accounts when future meetings are scheduled.
Thank you for your interest.
West Asheville Business Association Spring Meeting
- Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
- Time: 6-8pm
- Location: Program Room at the West Asheville Branch Library, 942 Haywood Road
Join fellow West Asheville businesses for updates about the Haywood Road Vision Plan and Form-based Code, Mardis Building Renovations, Asheville Design Center Bus Shelter Project, Asheville on Bikes, RADTIP, and New Belgium Brewing.
City staff and members of presenting organizations will be on hand for follow up questions. There will also be time for networking, so bring business cards, menus and such to share.
This is a free event, open to WABA members and prospective members.
New Belgium Brewing Neighborhood Open House
Focusing on Partners + Process
- Thursday, March 7 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Isis Restaurant & Music Hall, 743 Haywood Rd., Asheville, NC 28806
Stop by to visit with the New Belgium team and their Asheville partners as they begin to develop their brewery. At the Open House you’ll have a chance to:
- Ask Questions and see architectural renderings
- Talk with New Belgium folks and our partners about how this is coming together
- Hear about stream restoration, brownfields, greenways, creative repurposing & multimodal transportation
- Have a snack and a beer!
If you ride your bike to the event, Asheville on Bikes will park it for free in their bike corral!
Participating + presenting partners:
- AB Tech
- Adolphson + Peterson Construction
- Asheville Area Riverfront Redevelopment Commission (AARRC)
- Asheville Design Center
- Asheville on Bikes
- Bent Creek Institute
- City of Asheville
- Connect Buncombe
- Economic Development Coalition for Asheville-Buncombe County
- Equinox Environmental
- Green Opportunities
- Hart Hickman
- Haywood Road Corridor Committee/WABA
- Ken Abbott Photography
- Mattern + Craig
- Old World Architectural & Salvage Co.
- Perkins + Will
- RiverLink, Inc.
- WNC Communities
For current information about New Belgium Brewing’s Asheville facility: www.newbelgium.com/community/ashevillebrewery.aspx
Welcome SoCon back to Asheville, March 8-11, 2013!
The 2012 SoCon Tournament brought in 8,000 visitors and resulted in a $4 million economic boost during a historically slow time of year.
Last year’s tournament broke records with over 41,000 combined attendance at the men’s and women’s games. That is 18% higher then any previous tournament. Being that SoCon was established in 1921, that is quite an accomplishment. Thanks Asheville!
This is terrific boost to our economy and great fun. Games are played downtown in the U.S. Cellular Center or at UNCA’s Kimmel Arena.
If your business is interested in offering discounts or specials to SoCon fans download a Special Offer Poster and Web Graphics to display.
Show your support by displaying a Ticket Info Poster (pdf)
And keep an eye out for The Hop, scooping it up at games in both locations!
Asheville GreenWorks and West Asheville Watch will be hosting a street cleanup on Saturday, March 2nd at State Street in West Asheville. They will be meeting up in the parking lot across from Sunny Point Cafe at 626 Haywood Road at 11 am. GreenWorks will bring all of the cleanup supplies (vests, gloves, bags, tools). The plan will be to work on State Street and the surrounding streets. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you can make it out.